Pages

st. augustine: part II


Another thing I love about St. Augustine is the historic downtown.  The buildings and the history is just beautiful.  We walked down St. George Street checking out the shops and grabbed a bite to eat.  For a sweet treat, my mom and I got chocolate covered bananas...talk about an awkward thing to eat.  It just can't be done gracefully.  Joanna pretty much slept the whole time, which was okay with me.  She is a baby that needs her sleep, just like her mama was in her pre-baby life ;)








We visited Castillo de San Marcos, which is always a neat place to check out.  I feel like I learn something new each time I go.  I think this place is a must see if you ever visit St. Augustine.  Just a note to mamas with strollers, there is no elevator to get upstairs so be prepared to carry it up or leave it downstairs.  Luckily I had two handy guys to help me out :)



I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about traveling with a baby for the first time.  Especially having her in the car for such a long time on the drive down/up.  But she did so incredibly well on the entire trip, I was so proud of her!  I tried to stick to her schedule as much as possible, but she was so good about adapting when we needed to change things up.  I can't wait to take her on her next trip!

---

part I here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails