Pages

sick days


Even when Joanna was sick for the first time, she was such a little bundle of joy.  Last week, she had her first viral infection and it just about broke my heart.  After a couple days of her not quite being herself, we decided to take her to the doctor where they confirmed her diagnosis.  They had to prick her big toe to get blood and oh my word...it is so true that parents can feel the pain of their children.  I mean my whole heart and body felt like it was shattering into a million pieces and there was nothing I could do to make it better.  Although we got less sleep and more cries during her sickness, she really was so sweet and such a good girl.  Thank goodness she is feeling much much better now!


Then it was my turn.  And oh wow....was it my turn.  I seriously don't think I have ever been so sick.  I woke up at about 11:30 Sunday night and proceeded to be up the rest of the night rushing to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes.  I either got food poisoning or some nasty stomach bug.  I eventually hid out in our closet so that I wouldn't wake up Joanna since she still sleeps in our room at night.  I am so thankful that I have such an amazing husband who is in the medical field, he took such good care of me and probably saved me a trip to the hospital.  It was that bad.  And thankfully my mom is close by because she came a helped me out with Jo all day Monday while Jason was at clinicals.  Seriously couldn't have survived without those two!

I would say I am not at about 75% and hoping to be much better by the end of the day.  Especially because tomorrow...I go back to work :(

1 comment:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Oh boo! I totally understand as we have just come out of 2 weeks of sick sick sick :( FEEL BETTER SOON! ALL of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails