Pages

a running update


Yesterday while I was waiting for my running buddy, Lindsay, I decided to walk around a little bit and enjoy some of the scenery.  The sun had started to set and it was gorgeous.  Lindsay was running late and I really think this was another opportunity where God was trying to teach me patience.  I think it is working.  I could have just gone ahead and ran without her, but instead I took a few moments to enjoy the time and in the end got to also enjoy a killer run with my bestie.

Training is going really well so far.  I am proud to say that I have not skipped a run since I started training, which is better than I thought I would do.  I run two times during the week and do a long run on the weekend. We have gotten up to seven miles on our long runs and this weekend we will be doing eight; over half way there!  After yesterday's run I had the realization, I am a runner, and it feels good :)

10 comments:

Hope said...

Good job on the running! You'll need patient if you're running a half. :)

-Hope
www.aflatteringtale.com

O. said...

Great job on the running routine

Maria Johns said...

wow, gorgeous scenery amber! Congrats on being an official runner...takes hard work and discipline, way to go girl!

Sam W. said...

good for you!! that's awesome to stick to a plan. running with a friend always makes it better :)

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

Glad you are doing great with your runner :)

Sara Szatmary said...

Congrats on recognizing your runner status! Isn't that great feeling?!

Sonja said...

That's awesome! I had a pretty good track record for a few weeks this summer, and now it's all gone down the drain since school started :o(
Your photos are gorgeous! What a nice place to run!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your comment by the way :o)

Deidre said...

Congratulations on keeping to your running schedule! AND for mastering patience (if not mastering at lease practising!).

Karo said...

I follow you!
Great blog and your pictures are amazing :)
xoxo

Bevin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love your pictures and their style! Congratulations on the running - I am trying to get there...one day at at time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails