Pages

a little bit of old before the new


I had all intentions of getting back to regular blogging to document our new family life back when I did this post.  Once I got through that major transition of the first three months of motherhood, I was ready to go!  And then after four glorious months of maternity leave, I had to go back to work...that was tough. oh boy was it tough to leave her.  Luckily, my mom lives near by and has been able to watch her for me.  That was a huge relief.  I quickly learned that being a full time working mom left just about every minute of my day accounted for.  As a result, I don't have any time for working out, blogging, cleaning, cooking or an array of other things that are probably being neglected.  I feel like I rarely get to see Joanna Monday through Friday.  I just get about an hour of her in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening before she goes to bed.  Not enough.  Not even close to what I need/want.

So here comes the good news.  This next week is a really big week for my family.  Jason takes his National CRNA boards on Tuesday, Joanna turns six months on Thursday and my last day at my job is Friday - I am about to have my dream job of being a stay at home mom!  Major things happening in the Castro household and we can't wait.

These are some of Joanna's five month photos I took last month.  I can barely believe that it will be her very first half birthday in less than a week.  Where has the time gone?!  In just this same amount of time that has passed, she will be a year old - stop. It's moving too fast.  Now I know all those cliche "blink and they're graduating high school" sayings are true.  Can someone please tell me how to freeze time for a moment?  This is why my greatest hearts desire is to stay at home with my baby; I don't want to miss a moment. 


1 comment:

Kati said...

Her eyes are just the most precious thing!! She is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails